Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review : Galileo

So, I watched this movie yesterday
What do I think about this movie?
Not bad, but to me, it feels like watching the usual drama on tv, only longer. 
It does not feel epic to me.

Also, I did not, as long as I remember, see any recognizable scene of galileo, you know, the usual scene that always occur thus define galileo movie; like when he says "sappari wakaranai", or "jitsu wa omoshiroi" or the scene when he remembers every clue and write some equations wherever he is. Thus, it makes me feel something missing from the movie. I will not go into detailed synopsis or spoiler which I believe you can find in other websites.

To be fair, there were two scenes that remain in my memory:

1. Pet bottle experiment
You can see fatherly side as well as researcher side of Yukawa Sensei. He also taught kyouhei lots of things about research. It touched my heart since I also work in research world.

2. Although not clearly understand, kyouhei started to realize tha he somehow had participated unconsciously in one important event of the story.
I have to admit the child actor's acting is quite astounding for his age. I can feel his  mixed feeling of fear and regret

Overall, it is a quite good movie. There are a lots of important message that I think the audiences can relate. Plus, the beach and ocean scenes are really eyecandy (aside Fukuyama Masaharu of course).

As acting, other than Fukuyama and the child actor, I did not find any outstanding performance. Not even when the one plays Narumi cry seeing his father got interviewed. I can not emphatisize with the actress' play. I think I will give 6.5/10.





No comments:

Post a Comment