Total Pageviews

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Perfect Fit

Today, I got a call from my sister,
to my surprise my grandmother was with her to on the line,
We had a small and simple chat
about what`s going on lately in our lives.
I was happy to hear my grandmother`s energetic voice
It`s nice to know that she is healthy

It is amazing to realize how a voice
of people that are dear to you can wash your stress,
anxiety, and weariness away directly.
Living abroad has realized me one important thing,
In the end, what matters to you the most is
your loving family ( right after, of course, your God)
and I am not talking only about biological family,
since it can take another form, which in essence, is
a circle of people that always welcomes you home,
a place where you belong

Recently, I realized that I have been chasing my dream
relentlessly, sometimes, I forgot about my family
Also, here, I tried many times and as hard as I can so
this new crowd can accept me, sometimes worked,
sometimes failed,
and when it failed it can make me feel depressed,
in the other hand, I forgot that I have this great family
loving me unconditionally,
These things make me feel guilty
since I feel I become so selfish
I do not say that chasing dreams is not a good thing,
but taking your family presence for granted while doing it?
Getting along with new crowd that you know
you will get stuck up for a period of time is also good,
but throwing away your family love while chasing some kind
of acceptance?
Well, I can tell now, it is not a good thing.
At all.

Eventually, I give thanks to God
for a great family I have in my life
They are not a perfect one
(but then so am I)
However, they are,
undeniably,
irreplaceable

No comments:

Post a Comment